We are currently seeking casual staff for our food and beverage and retail teams. If you are a fast worker with a positive and friendly attitude to your work, then please apply now.
We are currently seeking casual staff for our food and beverage team, and retail team.
If you are a fast worker with a positive and friendly attitude to your work, then please apply now.
What are we looking for?
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Good attention to detail and time management
- Present in a professional manner
- Positive mental attitude with a willingness to learn
- Able to think on feet and enjoy a challenge
- Work well both as part of a team and autonomously
- Rostered hours can vary each week from 4 – 36 hours and cannot be guaranteed
Reporting to the Retail Supervisor, your role will encompass a variety of tasks such as:
- Food preparation
- Food and drink orders
- Cash handling
- Customer service
- Stock management and control
- Area set up and pack up
- Food safety paperwork
- RSA certificate
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10kgs
- Barista experience preferred
- Full availability for weekend shifts
- Ability to work school and Christmas holidays
- Flexible approach to work is essential
- Understanding and initiative to work unsupervised in a manner that complies with all WHS and hygiene standards
Experience what it is like to be a wildlife keeper, and assist our keepers in the daily care of our wildlife. Tasks include food preparation, cleaning exhibits, monitoring visitors, tidying around the sanctuary, interacting with visitors and assisting with enquiries. Volunteers will have the opportunity to work with our koalas, macropods (kangaroos and wallabies), birds, mammals, and barnyard animals. Positions are not available with reptiles or raptors, or within our wildlife hospital.
Wildlife volunteer requirements:
– must be 18 years or over
– responsible and reliable
– friendly, hardworking, and don’t mind getting dirty
– for health and safety reasons, a good level of English comprehension is essential
Volunteer positions within our administration team are dependent upon availability and running projects at the time of application, as well as your individual skills and experience. We are often seeking volunteers in, but not limited to, the following fields:
- IT: available projects depend upon your personal skill set and interests, and time available.
- Translations: if you can assist in improving our current website translations, or speak a language which you would like to see featured, we want to hear from you. Translations can be done on site at Lone Pine, or from your own home or office.
- Video Project: seeking volunteers to create short videos (3-5 minutes) about our animals at Lone Pine. Filming and editing experience preferable.