Work and Volunteer Opportunities
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for the below positions. Please email your interest to the relevant email addresses listed.
Security Patrol Officer
Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is looking for a qualified Licensed security officer to provide overnight patrol services at our site.
We need a highly motivated self-starter who wants to work in the security industry, is well presented with strong communication skills – both written and verbal and is physically capable of performing the role.
Patrol officers must have a current QLD SECURITY LICENCE and current Australian Drivers Licence. Applicants must be able to work night shifts, weekends and public holidays on a 7 days on, 7 days off roster.
- Must have Australian work rights with the ability to work up to 80 hours a fortnight.
- Must be comfortable working with and around animals.
- Only experienced patrol officers with a minimum of 2yrs in a similar role need apply for this role.
- If you think you have what it takes to join the security team, apply now for immediate start.
- All relevant licences and qualifications must be held prior to application.
Please no follow up calls.
Retail & Events Support
We are currently seeking casual staff for our food and beverage team, and retail team.
If you are a fast worker with a positive and friendly attitude to your work, then please apply now.
What are we looking for?
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Good attention to detail and time management
- Present in a professional manner
- Positive mental attitude with a willingness to learn
- Able to think on feet and enjoy a challenge
- Work well both as part of a team and autonomously
- Rostered hours can vary each week from 4 – 36 hours and cannot be guaranteed
Reporting to the Retail Supervisor, your role will encompass a variety of tasks such as:
- Food preparation
- Food and drink orders
- Cash handling
- Customer service
- Stock management & control
- Area set up and pack up
- Food safety paperwork
- RSA certificate
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10kgs
- Barista experience preferred
- Full availability for weekend shifts
- Ability to work school and Christmas holidays
- Flexible approach to work is essential
- Understanding and initiative to work unsupervised in a manner that complies with all WHS and hygiene standards
Experience what it is like to be a wildlife keeper, and assist our keepers in the daily care of our wildlife. Tasks include food preparation, cleaning exhibits, monitoring visitors, tidying around the sanctuary, interacting with visitors and assisting with enquiries. Volunteers will have the opportunity to work with our koalas, macropods (kangaroos and wallabies), birds, mammals, and barnyard animals. Positions are not available with reptiles or raptors, or within our wildlife hospital.
Wildlife volunteer requirements:
– must be 18 years or over
– responsible and reliable
– friendly, hardworking, and don’t mind getting dirty
– for health and safety reasons, a good level of English comprehension is essential
Volunteer positions within our administration team are dependent upon availability and running projects at the time of application, as well as your individual skills and experience.
If you are interested in working with our administration team, email with your resume.