We are currently seeking expressions of interest for the below positions. Please email your interest to the relevant email addresses listed.
Koala Photo Team, Usher
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for our Koala Photo Team, Usher. This department is fundamental to the ongoing success of Lone Pine’s wildlife section and is the forefront of helping our guests to be able to engage with our wonderful koalas. The Koala Photo Team is staffed by an experienced, dedicated group of casual employees, seven days a week, including public holidays.
What are we looking for?
· Exceptional guest service skills with a genuine desire to help guests have the best possible experiences
· Positive attitude and willingness to learn
· Able to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Work well both as part of a team and autonomously
· Able to think on feet and enjoy a challenge
· Strong interest in wildlife and conservation
· Hold a valid, Open driver’s license
· Able to perform a highly physical role
Reporting to the Head of Koalas, your role will encompass a variety of task such as:
· High level of guest interaction and engagement
· Organising guests in preparation for koala photos
· Liaising with Koala, Photo and Retail Teams to organise and facilitate smooth operations of the koala photo area
· Being at the forefront of dealing with guest questions and issues
· Basic koala husbandry
Please email expressions of interest and resumes to the Wildlife Administrator:
Retail & Events Support
We are currently seeking casual staff for our food and beverage team, and retail team.
If you are a fast worker with a positive and friendly attitude to your work, then please apply now.
What are we looking for?
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Good attention to detail and time management
- Present in a professional manner
- Positive mental attitude with a willingness to learn
- Able to think on feet and enjoy a challenge
- Work well both as part of a team and autonomously
- Rostered hours can vary each week from 4 – 36 hours and cannot be guaranteed
Reporting to the Retail Supervisor, your role will encompass a variety of tasks such as:
- Food preparation
- Food and drink orders
- Cash handling
- Customer service
- Stock management & control
- Area set up and pack up
- Food safety paperwork
- RSA certificate
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10kgs
- Barista experience preferred
- Full availability for weekend shifts
- Ability to work school and Christmas holidays
- Flexible approach to work is essential
- Understanding and initiative to work unsupervised in a manner that complies with all WHS and hygiene standards
Experience what it is like to be a wildlife keeper, and assist our keepers in the daily care of our wildlife. Tasks include food preparation, cleaning exhibits, monitoring visitors, tidying around the sanctuary, interacting with visitors and assisting with enquiries. Volunteers will have the opportunity to work with our koalas, macropods (kangaroos and wallabies), birds, mammals, and barnyard animals. Positions are not available with reptiles or raptors, or within our wildlife hospital.
Wildlife volunteer requirements:
– must be 18 years or over
– responsible and reliable
– friendly, hardworking, and don’t mind getting dirty
– for health and safety reasons, a good level of English comprehension is essential
Volunteer positions within our administration team are dependent upon availability and running projects at the time of application, as well as your individual skills and experience. We are often seeking volunteers in, but not limited to, the following fields: