Work and Volunteer Opportunities
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for the below positions. Please email your interest to the relevant email addresses listed.
Leaf collection/Koala Keeper
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for our Leaf Collection/Koala Team. This department is fundamental to the ongoing success of Lone Pine’s wildlife section and is the forefront of helping our guests to be able to engage with our wonderful koalas. The Koala Team is staffed by an experienced, dedicated group of casual employees, seven days a week, including public holidays.
What we are looking for?
- Previous knowledge of koala food trees desirabl
- Previous experience collecting koala food trees desirable
- Chainsaw licence and current First Aid certificate desirable
- Ability to work a highly physical role
- Open manual drivers’ licence
- Ability to deliver exceptional guest services with a genuine desire to help guests have the best possible experience
- Oral presentation skills and a strong desire and ability to engage with our guests
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Able to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Work effectively both as part of a team and autonomously, and demonstrate a high quality of communication skills
- Strong interest in wildlife and conservation
- Proven experience providing high quality care for animals
- Flexibility to work on a roster that includes weekends, public holidays and school holidays
Reporting to the Head of Koalas, your role will encompass a variety of tasks such as:
- Deliver high quality customer services experiences in order to provide excellent guest experience and promote Lone Pine’s conservation messages
- Ensure that industry leading standards of animal welfare are maintained and animals in our care are assured of the ‘The Five Domains’
- Working well within a dynamic team of koala keepers, photographers and educators to ensure smooth operations of the koala holding area
- Understand and comply with Lone Pine animal training procedures to ensure the ongoing success of our koala holding experiences
- Work within Lone Pine policies and procedures to ensure that we are meeting WHS, animal welfare standards and complying with all relevant legislation
** Preference will be given to candidates with more availability, spread across weekdays, weekends and school holidays
Please no follow up calls.
Retail & Events Support
We are currently seeking casual staff for our food and beverage team, and retail team.
If you are a fast worker with a positive and friendly attitude to your work, then please apply now.
What are we looking for?
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Good attention to detail and time management
- Present in a professional manner
- Positive mental attitude with a willingness to learn
- Able to think on feet and enjoy a challenge
- Work well both as part of a team and autonomously
- Rostered hours can vary each week from 4 – 36 hours and cannot be guaranteed
Reporting to the Retail Supervisor, your role will encompass a variety of tasks such as:
- Food preparation
- Food and drink orders
- Cash handling
- Customer service
- Stock management & control
- Area set up and pack up
- Food safety paperwork
- RSA certificate
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10kgs
- Barista experience preferred
- Full availability for weekend shifts
- Ability to work school and Christmas holidays
- Flexible approach to work is essential
- Understanding and initiative to work unsupervised in a manner that complies with all WHS and hygiene standards
Experience what it is like to be a wildlife keeper, and assist our keepers in the daily care of our wildlife. Tasks include food preparation, cleaning exhibits, monitoring visitors, tidying around the sanctuary, interacting with visitors and assisting with enquiries. Volunteers will have the opportunity to work with our koalas, macropods (kangaroos and wallabies), birds, mammals, and barnyard animals. Positions are not available with reptiles or raptors, or within our wildlife hospital.
Wildlife volunteer requirements:
– must be 18 years or over
– responsible and reliable
– friendly, hardworking, and don’t mind getting dirty
– for health and safety reasons, a good level of English comprehension is essential
Volunteer positions within our administration team are dependent upon availability and running projects at the time of application, as well as your individual skills and experience.
If you are interested in working with our administration team, email with your resume.